Wednesday 15 August 2012

Vouliagmeni bay




One of the most beautiful bays in the Attiki region




I wish I could get all of it in one photograph but I don't have that kind of camera





parts of it are packed with people but it is possible to find quiet spots





across from where we are sitting you can see the outline of the collapsed cavern roof of the lake .





There is always someone doing water ski





We had company.





They are very tame and came very close to us





when they were not busy following each other.



4 comments:

  1. It certainly looks very beautiful and the water looks inviting. I hope there aren't too many jet skis about spoiling the atmosphere and frightening the wildlife with the awful noise they make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely place indeed, and one I would visit more often, if we had a car - as it is we have to depend on friends to take us there which is a pity. No jet skis, just the one speed boat for skiing which is not too bad, even though you have to be careful as only last week a man was killed by a speed boat - the driver was drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tragic occurrence. But it's something that does happen too often with speedboats and jetskis. I remember that Kirsty McColl was killed in a similar incident in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! I had forgotten about Kirsty McColl.

    ReplyDelete