Thursday 23 May 2013

In the park

 

Spring is here - I know it's the middle of May, but the weather has been awful here - and the bluebells are all over the park.





The flower displays in Jephson Gardens are as always full of colour, but it is the black parrot tulips standing tall and proud that catch my eye





and what beauties they are!





The serrated and curly edges, the fringe, their ruffled appearance...





'When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else', said Georgia O'Keefe who painted flowers like no one else.





I can't get enough of them





and the colour changes according to the light - this one is almost black





so many of them





layer upon layer of petals





such beauties.





The yellow ones are about to open up





The blossom is out too.




I am now on the bridge





a view of the town





but I prefer the view on the other side of the bridge





And I have crossed over to the Mill Gardens






No comments:

Post a Comment