Thursday 16 January 2014

Ice

A very small pond in the Mill Gardens, and a small part of the northern side had patches of ice on the surface of the water. And yet, what variation in the images, what richness in the reflections. A slight change in my position and what was revealed would change completely. Looking closely can have such enormous rewards!









 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 






 
 
 
 






 
 
 
 






 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 









 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
  
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 








8 comments:

  1. I can see why you were attracted by these intriguing surfaces. Thank you for sharing your sunny walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to paint them, Olga, but I wouldn't know where to begin... Having said that, I might just buy some paints and see what happens....

      Delete
    2. They do look like fabulous paintings - but that is one of the beauties of photographs of reflections in water.
      She does not paint like the pictures you have taken, but she is a wondrous artist, whom I have watched painting both in person at Art in Action many years ago, and on television too - and I think that she might be a good teacher: Jenny Wheatley http://www.jennywheatley.co.uk/teaching.php?page=7 If you ever felt like going away on a course.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the link Olga. I had never seen her work before and it was a real delight looking at the paintings and prints on her website. They are enchanting.

      Delete
  2. The last two look like Jan Inglis paintings??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do. I had not made the connection, but you're right. I was very sorry to miss the exhibition of her work at Julie's.

      Delete
  3. Great photos Eirene. You've captured the ice very well. Lovely effects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mick. I was pleased with them. But the main thing was being there, and stopping and looking closely, and it was magic!

      Delete