Thursday 1 June 2017

A walk in the park


It's been a while since I went for a walk, as canvassing for Jeremy Corbyn and Labour Party for the coming election on June 8th is taking up a lot of my time. I did manage to get to the park yesterday though, and even though it was grey and cloudy, I thoroughly enjoyed my walk.




I started with the short river walk in the Mill Gardens





The iris are in full bloom





and their reflection in the water is very pleasing.





As I was crossing the bridge to get to the Jephson Gardens I saw these brave cygnets swimming against the current trying to get to the weir









Lots of colour around the commemorative poppies





and eventually I reached some real poppies









the Canadian geese seemed to be treading water in the pond




past the purple flower bed





a closer look at the foxgloves









a late blooming clematis






in the sensory garden





as well as more foxgloves






a more unusual colour this time




a bee in this poppy










No comments:

Post a Comment