Monday 5 June 2023

Old Milverton


A walk up to Old Milverton




soon the ruin of Guy's Cliff House comes into view




St James' churchyard 








the extension of the graveyard




bluebells




I love that church spire





downhill now. All the planting this year is the new short wheat




over the bridge




the pond




the bridge that stands over 




the weir




and leads to the Saxon Mill, the pub




I crossed the bridge




it was still early, and the pub was empty - only walkers about




nice views of the river from here




there's always a swan's nest at this time of year here





the pub



is a great place to come for a drink or a meal and sitting outside in the summer is an added bonus





I walked to the front of the building 




then the back





and then continued on my way




past the ruins of Guy's Cliff House




along the river and eventually ended up where I had started from.



No comments:

Post a Comment