Saturday 3 January 2015

Montpellier


 
Montpelier Gallery in Stratford-upon-Avon.
 
 

 
 
A delightful gallery that sells ceramics, glass, prints, paintings and lots of jewellery. It's always a pleasure to look around. What I find frustrating though is that they don't show the names of the artists and I always have to ask about the pieces I'm interested in. This time, after answering my questions about the artists of two ceramics he referred me to their website. So, I have tried to match names to the pieces I have selected, but was unable to do so with a few.
 
 

Ceramics:




Phil Lyddon







 
Hilary Laforce
 
 
 


Hilary Laforce





Hilary Laforce




Matthew Chambers




Claire Conrad

 





Sculpture:








Sally MacDonell (ceramic)





Sally MacDonell




Sally MacDonell




Sally MacDonell





Sally MacDonell




Sally MacDonell




 
Alison Bell (bronze and stone)
 
 

Glass:




Martin Andrews





Martin Andrews





Martin Andrews





Adam Aaronson




 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. A lovely selection from this gallery - and I thought when I saw the title of this post that you had slipped over to the South of France! I know Sally MacDonell's work, but my favourites of the pieces you show here are the first one labelled Hilary LaForce, and the first one labelled Clare Conrad.
    As our workroom exchange is approaching final stages, I am thinking about indulging myself in a new ceramic piece to mark the occasion. So thank you for the introductions to these two artists and these pieces in particular. They will help me form a background from which to make a decision when I do see the perfect piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga, I have admired Hilary LaForce's work for a long time now. Unfortunately I do not own a piece yet, but I'm sure I will be tempted in the future. Clare Conrad's work is interesting because of the rough, uneven nature of the surface, of the glaze of her ceramics - she explained to me how she achieves this when I met her at the Oxford Ceramics Fair a few years ago, but unfortunately I do not quite remember how she does it.

      I am increasingly becoming very fond of Sally MacDonells' work, of the whole concept, and the faces of her figures in particular.

      Acquiring a new ceramic piece to mark the workroom exchange is a must in my view. As for the South of France - I wish....

      Delete