Monday 27 April 2015

A riot of colour

 

Lush. Lush and luxuriant. Such pleasure in taking all of this in. Greece was green too, always is in spring, with gorgeous wild flowers, but this is totally different. Wonderful.




I am in the Mill Gardens looking across the river.



 
I then cross the bridge and enter Jephson Gardens. This small wall is new and the flowers look lovely.
 
 

 
I then reach the gate on Wills Road, where the rockery looks glorious
 
 
 


and oh! the tulips standing erect and proud.





Tai chi in the park



 
so much colour....
 
 


This is another new section. They were working on it when we left, and it's still work in progress





such wonderful contrast of colours.




More tulips further down the path



 
looking closer at the glorious red
 
 

 
This is the central display of the Gardens. Very colourful, not so much to my liking, too formal, but the colours are magnificent nevertheless
 
 
 

 
but I do like the less 'intense' beds
 
 


particularly these white ones.



 
An abundance of tulips
 
 

 
my favourite flowers
 
 


lots of hellebores




cherry blossom




looking closer




and I have reached the gates that are opposite the Pump Rooms




with a riot of colour




on either side.



No comments:

Post a Comment