Wednesday 3 June 2020

From park to park




I decided to walk around Victoria Park the other day, something I do not do very often, but I fancied a change.




The park is quite large, with skateboarding facilities, a good play area for kids, and a bowling green.




I took the path that runs parallel to the river




everything is so lush in this wonderful weather we have been having.




Lots of mature trees















I reached the bowling green, where the international Women's Bowls Tournament takes place every year - though not this year, alas




the iris are in full bloom




got to the bridge, and walked under the arch




This path, still along the river, leads to the Pump Room Gardens




Regency buildings on the other side of the river




I reached the bridge that will take my to the Pump Room Gardens




the view from the bridge







The Gardens with the band stand in the distance




Looking back at the bridge I just crossed




and I then walked along the path




that runs parallel to the river.




Lots of mature trees




The Pump Room Gardens have an expanse of green in the middle, where various events take place, including the Leamington Peace Festival in June, but unfortunately, the festival will not run this year




the paths surround the green




it's very pleasant here




Regency buildings on my left




and on my right, the spire of the parish church, and in front of it the Pump Rooms




one of the new borders that was established last year when the park had a make-over




iris




and more




the newly-painted bandstand




I turned the corner into the path that runs alongside The Parade




and reached the side of the Pump Rooms




the library and art gallery next to them




I eventually got to the bridge, and had come full circle







more planting after I had crossed the bridge







finally, the path that would take me to Victoria Park, where I had started from.




No comments:

Post a Comment