Friday 4 August 2023

Ceramics at the Benaki Shop



The shop of the Hadjikyriakou-Ghika annex of the Benaki Museum.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I visited last week as their selection of ceramic pieces for sale has grown and there were quite a few new artists, some of whom I did not know.


Iosifina Kosma:

I do know Kosma's work, and it's featured in this blog before, you can see some of it here








a different view












Thomais Kontou:
















Katerina Giannaka:






















Manos Kalamenios:






Theodora Horafa:










Nikomachi Karakostanoglou and Ilias Papayliakis:













Antonia Lekatsa:










Leoni Giagdzoglou:














Eleni Kanelopoulou:






Giorgos Vavatsis:









Melina Xenaki:










 

2 comments:

  1. Oh how nice. That porcelain bowl by Eleni Kanelopoulou ... my goodness .. just lovely, and those plates by Kontou. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. They always have nice things there, but so many, this time...

    The comments on your blog are working fine. I have left a comment.

    ReplyDelete