Tuesday 13 March 2018

First walk




My walk around Mill and Jephson Gardens, was my first walk in four weeks. Even though the flu I got all these weeks ago got much better after the first ten days, I was left with a low temperature that I could not shift. It's only now that I have started feeling myself again, and going out on Sunday, in the open, was such a pleasure.




I started with a round of the Mill Gardens as usual. This is my favourite bit because it's so close to the river




which, given the snow and the subsequent heavy rainfalls was very high,




ready to burst its banks.





Not having been out for this long, I was in ecstasy.





Grooming.





Having walked around the Mill Gardens I reached the bridge. The weir was noisy




and the water rushing away, fast




while on the other side of the weir everything was calm albeit very muddy.




This is an in-between time of year, with the signs of winter ever present




and yet the signs of spring are to be found everywhere.




Stunning crocus




and more here.




Looking closer



Some more further on




morning dew on the petals







Dog wood, brilliant in the sunshine







The first iris have appeared




one of my favourite flowers




The water fountains in the pond








The straw has been laid out, ready for the swans to nest




Finally, another burst of colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment