Tuesday 1 September 2020

The Kuzina experience



Kuzina (Greek for kitchen) is my favourite restaurant in Athens. 




We like to sit here and people-watch as Adrianou is a busy pedestrianised street. It also affords a good view of the Acropolis and n the evenings one can dine on the third floor terrace where the views of the lit up Acropolis are fantastic.

An added bonus this time was the fact that because it's August and most people are away, we had the place almost to ourselves.

But, the main reason we like coming here is because of the food. It's been Michelin recommended for the last 15 years, run by a celebrity chef, and yet, the prices are extremely reasonable.




We had one of the set menus, priced at 22 euros each. We both started with a spinach salad, with valerian, grapes, pumpkin seeds, nectarines, molasses and a balsamic vinaigrette.




Ken's main was pork roasted in the oven for 12 hours, served with sweet potato puree and pineapple salad with lime and fresh coriander.




I had sea bream with spinach puree and rocket, with zucchini spaghetti. I have to say that my dish looked a lot more elegant when it arrived, but it was after I dismantled it that I remembered I had not taken a photograph, so my putting it all together again, was not a great success.




Lemon mousse on a biscotti base, decorated with blueberries, was our desert.

It was lovely being back here.




No comments:

Post a Comment