Friday 29 October 2021

Attilio re-visited



I used to love visiting Attilio in Glyfada, and would pop in every time we visited the area. Unfortunately they closed down a few years ago, putting all their efforts into the shop in Ilioupoli. This was my second visit to the shop in Ilioupoli, mainly because it's out of our way, but also because I don't think this one is as good as the one in Glyfada. I knew they were having a new exhibition however, and popped in the other day to have a look. 




The exhibition was in the shop windows







sculpture by Stella Bakatsi







by Georgos Sepetzoglou




I had a look at the shop windows and then went inside. As you can see, there is far too much stuff, which makes having a look quite difficult - I was in the shop for a very long time




pomegranades (the Greeks' most revered fruit, signifying good luck) by Savina Basileiadi




Giorgos Pontikis




Demosthenes Kokkalis + Konstantina Pardali




Giorgos Pontikis




Giorgos Pontikis




Stella Bakatsi

Stella Bakatsi is one of my favourite Greek ceramicists, and her exhibition The Flow of Life was very memorable and the bead-like elements above, were the main component of the sculptures in that exhibition. I was also lucky to have visited another exhibition of hers which you can see here




Stella Bakatsi




Stella Bakatsi




Stella Bakatsi




I did not record the name of this artist, unfortunately, 







Giorgos Kokovlis




Giorgos Kokovlis





Giorgos Pontikis




I did not record the name of the artist who made this wonderful glass jug. As the shop attendant said: 'this is not a jug, it's sculpture'.





Liana Papaleksi




Nicholas Hatzis (etched and painted tin)



















Nicholas Hatzis




Nicholas Hatzis (painted on Chios stone)













Nicholas Hatzis, (made out of frangosykia leaves - I don't know the English translation for frangosykia, and google was no help)




 Nicholas Hatzis, (made out of fragosykia leaves).


No comments:

Post a Comment