Friday 28 July 2017

Mes confitures


I got a bad cold once we got back from Ano Trikala. Whether it's due to having felt cold for so long, or just a coincidence, I do not know: bad chest, terrible cough, a bit of temperature, but the worst bit was feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, and an all-consuming irritation. I did not know what to do with myself, as everything got on my nerves. I did not want to go out, or see people, or read much, or anything, really. So, I started cooking and making preserves. Now the freezer is full and we have run out of jars.




Apricot jam - even though fruit is plentiful here, it's all seasonal and apricots are about to disappear from the shops, so I made lots.




Same with cherries, one of my favourites - this is the second batch I have made since we got here




Plum and apricot. I am experimenting with plums and other fruit combinations at the moment. This is nice, but nothing as good as plum and blueberry that I made in the UK before we left and which is divine.




Apricot preserve to use with yogurt.



4 comments:

  1. Yum! I do hope that the whirlwind of activity cured your cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better, thank you, Olga. I also enjoyed making all this jam - very satisfying.

      Delete
  2. They all look truly wonderful. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Avril. Feeling better much better, just a lingering cough now.

    ReplyDelete